View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Re: 25NL, passive with a set

I'm not really a fan of the slow play on the flop. Unless your intent was to check-raise, whose opportunity was golden for you, most likely I would advise leading out on the flop.

Button holds the aggression going to the flop, even though I don't really understand the pre-flop re-raise to your first raise. You simply called his flop bet, so this situation is analogous to you leading out and getting called.

If you had lead out on the flop, true, he may fold, but you open the possibility of him fighting back and raising you. He took the aggression, he wants the hand. Can't do that if you simply call the flop.

4th street is the same concept. Put him to the decision. I would expect you to jack it up on 4th street and get it all in.

I feel like while you eventually did get it all in with a very powerful hand, you played it in such a way that future sets could hurt you. What if there were a straight draw on board? What if the board was suited? How are you going to protect your hand in future cases where it is still powerful, but by no means completely invincible?