View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 04:54 PM

Default Re: Help, I had a terrible session. [25NL]

There has been some very bad advice given in this thread imo.

The only hand that I don't have a problem with here is hand 2. Hand 2.

Hand 1 is awful

Hand 3 is okay, but I would much prefer a check given that it is multiway and there is a flush draw on the board.

Hand 4 is a fold preflop. This is almost always AA/KK here at unl and you are only geting 10:1 implieds which is just too much to call even in position.

Hand 5 tells me a lot about your game which I will comment on here in just a moment.

Hand 6 is pretty awful.

I don't know if you are tilting in any of these (I kinda hope you are) but hands 1, 5 and 6 show a significant leak. Playing big pots out of position with top pair top kicker is a no no. Playing mid pair is a significant leak.

If I were you I would focus on 3 things over your next few sessions. First off, fold when raised and out of position unless you have either a huge draw or a big hand. Second, you are putting yourself into a ton of marginal situations (calling a 3 bet with QJs and raising 9ts utg.) Judging from the other hands that you have posted, you are simply not good enough to be playing these hands and showing a profit. I would tighten up preflop (especially utg and in mp, and in 3 bet pots.) Finally DO NOT play big pots out of position (this is the best advice that I have ever been given, you would do well to follow it.)

edit: btw, I think Callaway gives some very good advice. The only which I would disagree with would be on hand 1 in which I would cbet.