View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: PPA Washington Fly-In October 22nd thru 24th

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to ask all our people who attend this to bring up the problems with transparency and the board makeup, specifically with the representation of the large affiliate sites and essentially no representtion of real poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

And also ask them how it would look if one or more PPA board members who own large affiliate farms were to get indicted. I had another poster here point out to me privately that these large affiliate farms could be a prime target of the DoJ if it wants some more criminal prosecutions relating to transferring funds online from offshore sites.

Now while the actual results of such hypothetical prosecutions might actually help poker if they were favorable, it would seem to me that for the PPA to have board members under indictment would be a black mark and certainly would be spun by our opponents like FOF as equivalent to the PPA board having organized crime connections. No matter that such wouldn't be true, as spin and perception would rule the day.

Think this is farfetched? Ask Kaplan and Carruthers. And then ask yourself whether having Kaplan and Carruthers on the PPA board *right now* would be advantageous OR NOT.