View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

ok, my thought process...

Preflop: My thought process is kinda weak. I'm not exactly sure, but if I had to guess I'd say I'd been very quiet with 3-betting. When I get called. He mostly has pairs, and maybe something like AK/AQ. A lot of these guys over defend against 3-bets, even oop. But, I don't have that specific read here. It's also important to note that I run somewhere around 27/22/3.

Flop: I'll often just check this flop. But, I figure he has AK/AQ here enough that a c-bet isn't bad. I figure it I'm called, he has a PP and I'm done with the hand.

The min c/r was just so fishy to me. I do believe he has a better hand them me. I think his entire preflop calling range is ahead of A9. So, obviously folding is not bad and probably the best line.

However, I also don't think a really strong hand c/r. I think this bet was a combination of protecting a hand that is at risk to overs coming and cheaply seeing where he's at. A donk on this flop would have got that done much cheaper for him.

So, based on my thoughts above, I figured a float would be effective and was planning on shoving if checked to. Of course, that is what happened.