View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: A trend I want to kick... (poker content but life application)

Do what makes you happy but do think about it.

For example, playing poker when a good game is on makes you happy because you can win lots of moneys. However, after winning that money, you realize that you haven't done anything for school and if stacking a donk won't overcome this sadness, then you better off reading before raising.

When I was in college, I would play play play because having moneys make me happy. I was ok with mediocre grades because I know I won't be using the degree anyway. I completed the degree for pride purposes. Now this doesn't mean I want to play poker for a living for the rest of my life. It just at that moment, and for the future forecast that I could imagine, money is what I needed most, not straight As.

Lastly, the only way I can think of overcoming the "laziness" that comes with poker success is not to make excuses. If things go wrong, it's your fault. I don't want to hear excuses. Even if there are legitimate reasons why you didn't accomplish what you set out to do, it's still your fault if shiet doesn't get done. I find having this mentality makes me work harder and enhance my discipline.