Thread: Bills +17 at NE
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Bills +17 at NE

[ QUOTE ]
I know this sounds very BSP-like, but is there really any way a team should be this huge of a dog to any other team in the NFL?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that NE has been creaming their competition and are playing at home, but BUF lost by the closest of margins to DEN(who would probably be a single-digit dog to NE in the same situation).

[/ QUOTE ]

Denver outgained Buffalo huge in that game, but had trouble getting in the end zone, and gave up a punt return touchdown.

[ QUOTE ]
Does this line sound right

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup

Keep in mind Buffalo lost whatshisname at CB in free agency to the 49ers and began the season with what was considered a suspect secondary before being hammered with injuries in week 1.

I believe that with divisional teams that know each other better, 'anything can happen', but I sure wouldn't put anything behind Buffalo in this one. And since New England seems to be reacting to the whole cheatergate thing with an air of self righteousness, I wonder if the chances of them staying focused for a lesser opponent after a big televised game aren't higher than normal.