Thread: AZK's log
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: AZK\'s log

[ QUOTE ]
Really suck at standing military presses...i don't know why, I also lean back when I push the bar up....that can't be right, can it?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to get your head out of the way to fire the bar straight up. I see some folks press around their heads (and I think Sam's last press video was a bit like that)-- it makes them much less strong and aggressive on the bar.

[ QUOTE ]
People talk about some lean, but I think I am leaning too much, also how far down are most of you going? full rom? arms parallel to floor? what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Arms parallel to floor? full rom? I don't know what you are talking about. And it is kind of tough to say whether you are doing something "too much" or "not enough" based on a description.

When the press was an olympic lift the lifters fired their heads back to create an explosive bounce out of the front rack, then leaned far back, recruiting as much muscle as they could, and then popped their head back through violently forward. It all seemed to create momentum on the bar. The problem was that no one felt confident whether they were cheating-- so they may not be a good model, and yet provide something to learn from...

Great job on the pull-ups.