Thread: rental cars
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: rental cars

[ QUOTE ]
why is there such a big difference in rental car prices, between the cheapy places and the big names? they're the same type of cars, but the big names are double the cheapy places.

am i a retard, and companies like trifty and dollar are untrustworthy or soemthing?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part its the same reason brand name cereal costs more than store brand.

[ QUOTE ]
also, i have a friend that works for enterprise, that swears you should get the insurance, even if your auto insurance covers, cause if you do total the car, your insurance will not fully cover it or somethign stupid. does this just sound retarded as well? anyone have experience in this?

please to explain to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend has been drinking the green koolaid. Most insurance covers the car just fine. As for not covering the car completely its the same as your insurance does not cover your car completely, ie you have to pay the first $500 as a deductible. They do also have something called loss of use that the insurance company does not always cover. If they cant rent the car for a week because it is in the shop then you can be responsible for the lost income that car would have generated. So if they can get 30 bucks a day for it then you have to pay the $210. I am not sure exactly how enforced this is. The company doesn't always pursue these fees and I have heard that they can only collect if they were out of comparable cars and therefore not having that vehicle definitely cost them money.