View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Small Pot-thread

There is alot of talk about big hands on these boards. How do I get value from the nuts? Should I fold AA to his check-raise all-in? This is all well and good and most of our profits come from opponents making big mistakes against our big bets. However, I would like to have a discussion about small pots. I know I am struggling in many situations and I just end up doing something on feel, rather than logic and reason. IMO, you could probably add another one or two BB to your winrate if you just shaped up your small pot-decisions. And I know I don't mind another BB. So, I dub this the small pot-thread. The idea is that we all post hands where the pot is small and discuss. Decide for yourself if you think the pot is small or not, but please no "should I push this river with my set, even though I am 300 bb deep?"-questions.

Here's a hand. I don't have a good read on MP, but he seemed to be on the loosish side.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($61.73)
BB ($51.76)
Hero ($47.50)
MP ($59)
CO ($48.76)
Button ($49)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8</font>, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($20.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($20.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: $20.75

Dumle