View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 05:40 AM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

Moneybookers is probably your best option. All 3 of the sites mentioned accept it and with some quick verifications you can get the limits to a level high enough for sports wagering amounts. MB is actually what I used to transfer funds from my poker accounts to sports books a few weeks ago.

1) Open Moneybookers account. Do the address verification right off the bat. They just mail you a 4 digit code in the mail. You get it in under 7 days and it increase your limits.

2) Get a small amount of money loaded on to Moneybookers.

3) Buy into both Stars and FTP for the min amount. At Stars it is $10. You need to have successfully made a deposit using MB before you can cash out using MB.

4) Cash out from Stars and FTP and buy into Pinnacle.

Step #2 is the one I found hardest. You can load funds using a CC but you need to verify it via the normal small deposit amount. You can wire money to them but there are fees and I only needed $10 to do my Stars min deposit.

Bobo suggest PokerSavvy. If you sign up for a new site via their website you earn points which you can then turn into $45 on MB. If you start today you might make the cut off of Thursday but most likely you'd have to wait till next Thursday.

While doing that I discovered that Absolute would let you cash out to Moneybookers without first making a deposit via MoneyBookers. So you can deposit $75 on that site and play for 2 days then cash out. You need to put in some play and wait 48 hours and the min cash out is $50.

Third option is find someone who will trade you $10 on MB for $10-15 on Stars and use that to make your min deposit.