Thread: Mike's Log
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Mike\'s Log

9/18/2007

Legs

Warmup: 2min bike

PR - 8x275 (bad form [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

Warmup Squats: 20x45
15x135
14x185
12x185
11x185

Static Dumbell Lunges

PR ???

50lb Rightx10 Leftx8
45lb Leftx10 Rightx10
45lb Leftx10 Rightx9

Lying Hamstring Curls

10x80
12x65
15x65

Standing Barbell Calf Raises off Box

25x135
18x135

Hmm well, you guys were right I def wasnt going low enough on the squats. I was very strict with form today, altho lighter than I expected, so that sucks. Something to work back up to I guess. Next week should be a lot better Im hoping as I feel exhausted today. After my third set of lunges my legs basically gave out and I had to sit on the floor for a couple minutes. Also, it was my first time doing static lunges in about 3 yrs so that was interesting..a little more lactic acid on them..I think I like walking lunges better, but will probably go with a 2/1 split for variety. Hammy curls were lighter this week with a bit more reps...did the first set heavy but it didnt feel very good on my legs so I toned it down a bit. Also, first time doing the calf raises. They were pretty good, intense burn obv. Only thing I dont like is its harder to go with inner/outer stance than on a machine so I just did straightforward stance. I really wanna get some SLDL's in but Im just not in good enough shape yet to do another heavy lift after squats and lunges. Soon I hope.

Next week's leg goals: 10x225 squats

Tomorrows workout: Im taking tmrw off..I just feel really lethargic right now and Im pretty sure Im overtraining. Ive only taken probably 2 - 3 days off in the last 6 weeks that I wasnt either drinking or hungover (which obv arent the best rest days), and I think its catching up to me. So, tmrw off..thurs chest, fri off, sat is a wedding so drinking/off, sun hungover/off and Monday I should be nice and fresh to start the week off with back and hopefully a strong DL showing.

-Mike