View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Eternal Sonata?

Just played for about 3-4 hours (prob say 3 just because I'm slow as hell when I play videogames), it's pretty cool. It's basically a lot like the demo, so if you liked the demo then you'll like the game.

The biggest difference is the story (and Chopin) - it's slow to develop so far, but it looks like there's ample room for it to go somewhere cool. The voice acting (and sometimes dialog) is a little corny, but the characters (especially Polka) are fairly interesting so far so I guess that can be forgiven. I've had a couple tough battles (only in boss fights, the dudes hopping around the map are still super easy) that required 2-3 times to get past, so it's not quite a breeze. Apparently as your party level increases, you get new abilities in battle, but also more restrictions which make it more difficult. Example: At level 1, there's no echoes, so no uber-powerful super attacks, but your action gauge only goes down when you move - so, you can stop moving and think about what you want to do next. At level 2, you get the use of echoes, but then once you start moving your action gauge will keep going down until it runs out.

Haven't come across any score pieces yet, don't really know how that works since it was fairly ambiguous in the demo. The village from the demo (Tenuto) is Polka's home and is where the game starts, so everything after that's been new so far.