View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: NL 50 - KK - did I eff this hand up?

[ QUOTE ]
but I don't like the check on the turn, it tells me you're worried about the str8 or two pair, trips etc.,

[/ QUOTE ]It's a reraised pot and the money is going in somehow on the turn/river, it's just a matter of how to do it. You're not telling him anything by checking the turn. If you fire the turn a stubborn AK/AQ and 88-QQ may fold and we don't want our opponents to play correctly by folding.

[ QUOTE ]
but you need to fire again on that turn and then evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ] evaluate what? It's a reraised pot. You have KK and you have a potsized bet left. You're committed and there is no folding.

[ QUOTE ]
By checking you accomplish nothing and you still committed all your chips after he fired the $22.25 bet. If you knew you would call or jam his bet on turn anyway, you mine as well bet first.

[/ QUOTE ] By checking the turn he got his opponent to go all in with him while his opponent was behind! The fact that he's calling a push if hero pushes is irrelevant. Checking also gets him to bet 88-QQ/random pairs/draws/bluffs that he has that would not call a bet had he bet. He didn't commit all his chips on the turn either, he committed them on the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
But the check on turn makes him sense you may be weak causing him to take over the lead in the hand, now you are losing the hand no matter how you play it from this point on because you have no fold equity anymore.

[/ QUOTE ] this all doesn't matter because you only have 1 psb left.

As I said earlier, I'd bet the turn but checking is not bad either.