Thread: 200: tpwk
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 12:38 AM

Default Re: 200: tpwk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
are you a standard nit or would you raise a set here. What does he do with AK AQ to a raise, i.e. will he fold better if you raise. Also, flatting pre sucks vs such a nit especially if it will end up heads up as it did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you be afraid to just call here and play some deep poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling on the button preflop is fine.

I think folding on the flop is fine. You were playing for a big flop or a big draw, and you missed. So, folding is fine.

I think raising TPWK is OK, but only if you give up if he doesn't fold to your raise on the flop.

I think calling is OK, too, as long as you plan to pot (or psr) the turn on any diamond, and then really sell that you have a flush for another psb/push on the river. But if you go that route, he has to believe that you'd actually "call" the c-b on a draw. Of course, if you "always" raise your sets and draws, then it might be suspicious if you overplay your "flush" after just floating the cb.

If you float with the intent to steal, but you don't get the flush card or another 4, then folding to a large turn bet would be best (even if it's another ace).

Floating (call bluffing) is more effective if you actually have a big hand or big draw when you call in position sometimes, that way when you bluff big in a spot like this on a 3-flush turn then he'll be more likely to believe it.