View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: 10-20 O8, who made bigger mistake?

Thanks, Jim - I also look at the board "flat" - but when I respond to a thread, I respond directly under the person to whom I direct my reply.

I realize others can also read my reply, but it's almost always directed as a reply to some particular individual, in more or less direct response to what that individual wrote. Nothing wrong with writing a reply at the end of a thread to a post in the middle of it. But in the case to which you're referring, it wasn't crystal clear to me to whom the post was directed.

This forum has an automatic filter that replaces many known four letter words with "[censored]" The word I censored wasn't filtered, and was not even as bad as a word I might use myself to a friend. But it seemed inappropriate in this forum.

I haven't read many of Lottery Larry's posts, but I don't want anybody calling him a "dick" on this forum. And whether you agree with Davebreal or not, in my humble opinion, he is a valued poster on this forum and has been very helpful to me on occasion. I certainly don't want anyone calling him a "dick," although I'm sure he'd take it laughingly in stride.

I never wanted to be a hall monitor in high school or a cop when I graduated from college. But that's the sort of role I took on when I agreed to temporarily fill in for Felicia, the regular (and excellent) moderator of this forum, while she hopefully recovers.

Anyhow, thanks to you, Jim, for your kind explanation.

Buzz