View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Thank God for state intervention protecting and regulating our lan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless of course you think there is a huge market of consumers who don't care about preservation, and would buy the 95 cent cod instead of the dollar cod.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point, I mean it's not like there's a big market for SUVs or anything. Allowing people to decide via their dollars what objective truths are important seems a little dangerous.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Objective truths? Having cod in ten years is OBJECTIVELY better than eating a bunch of cheap cod now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having Bees in 10 years is infinitly better then doing something that kills them all, seeing as they polinate most everything in the world and keep the ecosystem afloat.

Still cheap honey, or whatever, would be tasty now, so I see your point.

Cody

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, if I had the last couple bees on earth, I think I'd be pretty judicious about their honey. Talk about short-sighted!

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that you trust people that have proven time and time again to be short-sighted to the point that they endanger their own existance (see: Hunting species to extinction, polluting their environment) to protect themselves from things like this in situations where it directly conflicts with profits?

Cody