View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
why? If he keeps this type of production, he's in for a huge offseason payday. You think the Pats will pony up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they'll find a middle ground that they can both accept. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they give him a 3-5 year deal.
I may be a homer, but I'm pretty sure everyone in the league knows by now that the Patriots do it a little different than everyone else.
The fact is, Randy Moss is less 'problem player' and more 'ideal teammate' than most people would like to think....under the right program.

Back in the draft when he was shopped around, GB was the frontrunner, but their GM didn't pull the trigger. After NE got him, I thought that HERE was the ONLY place where Moss was going to get another crack at greatness. If he had gone to GB, it wasn't going to happen. Why? Structure. NE is a self-policing team of "smart, tough" professionals that want to win and think 'team' in every aspect of what they do, from the top down.

Now he's gotten a taste, and I'm sure he knows going to play anyplace else would pale in comparison, save for Indy.

\homer rant

Also, ask Deion Branch about production without a top-tier QB, let alone one of the best gunslingers in the history of the NFL. In 2 games, Tom Brady is running at an 80% completion rate.

80 [censored] percent!

Randy doesn't want the ball. He wants to win.

Aikman-Irvin
Montana-Rice
Brady-Moss? Could be...