View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

I used to not mind Willie, because he basically didn't do anything egregious to screw up the team and the players seemed to like him. That's all out the window now. He is actively [censored] the team nearly every day. This Pelfrey thing is the last straw. He's been [censored] unhittable since they brought him back up, and now, not only are we forced to watch Brian Lawrence, Sele, and Mota throw batting practice in a [censored] tight playoff race while Pelfrey sits in hiding, but now he's excluding him from the playoffs as well. This is a [censored] travesty.

Note that I'm accusing Willie of all this, because he is the face of the decisions. If Omar is behind any of it, then [censored] him too, but as far as I know, Omar puts players on the roster, and Willie chooses which ones to (mis)use.

I don't even like PLD, but his comments, or lack thereof, on WFAN are pretty [censored] damning.

This is frustrating beyond belief, because this is the first time since my childhood in the 80's where I really love the guys on the team for the most part. I love Beltran (even when he's struggling with injury or swinging over curveballs), Reyes (even with his recent popupfest), Wright (ok, he's been pretty awesome), Endy, Gomez, Pedros, Ollie, Maine, ElDuque, Castro, Milledge, Alou, Delgado, and even Wagner. I don't even mind a bunch of other guys on the team.

When they lost in the NLCS last year, I was sad, but I felt like they did what they could and just got beat by a pitching staff that got super hot at the right time. This year, I feel like they're not even being given a chance, and if they somehow manage to luckbox their way to a WS victory, it will be in SPITE of the biggest obstacle sitting in their own dugout.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKK