View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Daliman\'s NFL Wong teasers, Season Deux: Week 2

[ QUOTE ]
The title of the thread technically suggests ownership, which indicates to me that he (Daliman) wants to be credited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, any thread on 2+2 with bets, advice, etc. includes the author of the post. It's commonplace in the sportsbetting forum to see an author post his or her name in the title of a thread that delivers certain picks. For example, we see "Myturn2raise's NCAA Picks" or "Performify's NFL Picks." Do you think these individuals own these picks? Do you think if, in my post, I pick CHI -7 and Performify later puts the same pick in his post, I'm going to be angry that he's putting ownership on a pick I made first?

No. Of course not. Daliman could easily title his posts "Daliman's NFL Teasers..." and it would STILL be an appropriate title. However, realizing that his picks arise from a basic strategy that he did not "invent," he credits the author who published the strategy. "Daliman's NFL Wong teasers."

It's ridiculous to assert that Daliman actually wants people to think that he magically came up with these picks. As for posting picks and ego - Congratulations, you've stumbled upon one of the basic elements of human behavior. *Gasp...people actually enjoy recognition for helping other people out? These forums would be empty if it weren't for the individual's ego. It would be full of questions with no answers. No one here is getting paid to answer others' questions (well, most aren't...maybe there's an exception here or there). People post because they want to help others (and secondarily, want to show off their intelligence and boost their egos).