View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Re: 100NL: How Much Do I Bet?

[ QUOTE ]
You're getting about 3-1 right?

In any case, I've never been a big proponent of calling because the pot odds are good with a hand like that. It's not a pot odds sort of hand. Much of the money you are going to make with a hand like that is going to have to be done via theft, which is a lot harder to do oop.

I will give you that the limp/re-raiser gave you a great price to flop a monster in terms of stack sizes. You were calling $3 to make $100+. When someone telegraphs a big pair like that there is a lot more room to play the hand. So, in retrospect, I don't entirely hate playing the hand given the action. I would pass if it had been raised and called prior to your action. I am a position nit, though. I don't play very many hands out of position. I really don't like playing the low suited connectors out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 3-to-1, not 4-to-1. Oops.

Anyway, draws are pretty easy to play against passive players, IMO. My hand is also completely disguised, and when I hit this type of flop, he's never getting away from a big pair. It's not a hand I would normally play OOP (or IP, for that matter), but I can't find a single spot PF where I should fold 64s.