View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Some comments about the WCOOP structures

[ QUOTE ]
Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because psychology dictates that it is so. The first problem with 2 day events is that for the major NLHE events, you'd have to start on Saturday, which I think has been discussed before in the thread as being less than ideal. If you started on Sunday and made it a 2 day event, then the field would shrink dramatically as well. People who have jobs, etc on Monday are going to be significantly less likely to look in the lobby and say to themselves "Hey, look a 2 day event, sweet! Let's register!" They're more likely to peek into the lobby and say "crap, 2 day event, can't play, gotta go to work tomorrow."

The value in these tourneys comes from two things-the large number of players, and the great structure. If we make the changes you guys are looking for, one of these two things is going to be negatively affected.

Finally, while I haven't played any events yet (one of which because I fell asleep and forgot to register, and another where I had something come up and couldn't play), I had a strong rooting interest (wink wink nudge nudge) in someone who went deep in event 1, and throughout the entire tourney I don't think either of us complained about the fact that it was 4am and we were still awake. We were both just glad that he got to play the tourney and not have less than 30 bbs until the very end, 12 hours in, which is insane in a shorthanded format.