View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Playing from same IP @ Stars MTT OK?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sure it's not problem, just don't multiaccount

[/ QUOTE ]

sure... Just me and my friend considering entering the same tournament. Just want to make sure we're not breaking the Terms of service.

Still... How can stars differ multiaccounting from this? What brought Zeejustin down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play from the same house as a good friend regularly (on the same IP adress). Sometimes even mroe people play. We also enter the same MTTs. We simply play fair and do not take any extra advantage out of additional information that could be available to us (in the rare event you end up at the same table, playing in the same room).

If stars would ever question any of our plays, we would be completely transparent and have nothing to hide.

So if they'd investigate, say because one of us won big while haveing been seated with another player from the same IP address for a while, they could simply evaluate our plays, and look at the history of our accounts, to see that nothing suspicious / disallowed was going on.

Party once investigated a win from one of us, when 3 of us entered a mtt from the same IP adress, and one took it down. They were asking tricky questions actually, like calling one of the persons who entered (but didnt win), asking him 'So you won a mtt on our site last week?', and calling the winner, asking him a few times for his account name, while suggesting it was one of the others.

We told them the truth about how the tourney went down, who were there, etc and they cleared the winner from any suspicion.

edit: i still cant spell [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]