View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Trips feel like A high in NL

Agree with djshawk about PF. Maybe if you are getting in cheap from SB you can limp this, but from CO I think it is a fold. Also, AA/KK is possible from agro player limping PF and overbet could mean he is pissed off he limped with AA and now someone who got to see flop cheap has him beat.

Stack sizes are important here, and you can't make a decision without that info

5BB to the flop. 5BB psb, you repot to 20BB, so now there are 30BB in pot. He shoves, but how much is it for you to call? YOu have 21BB invested so it's not horrible to fold if you both had full stacks. If you both started with 150BB+ stacks, then I fold for sure.

I think you are often ahead, but it is hard to know without knowing how villain plays. I can't see many peolpe at this limit potting this flop with the nuts--they would try to build the pot. And once you raise, someone trying to get value would CRAI on the turn, or 3-bet a size thye think you could call. 22, T2 (do people limp that at .02/.04) and AT don't want you to fold to a huge overbet, they want value. Huge overbet (assuming 100BB stacks) just smells real bad here. At tougher stakes, I don't imagine people would often make a donkish play like villain did here.