View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 12:12 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

Don't get me wrong, Gelford, I don't doubt that playing poker for a living can be a major pain in the rear. Even though this is the goal I set myself to achieve.

It just saddens me a bit to see this despise of the game from someone with such a grasp on it, at least from what I can read on the forums. Just like you I'm merely going for the "take a break" advice here. Sure, I just have to cover my expenses with poker, which is about $200 a month, so I can't put myself into your place when it comes to grinding out a grand because one has to. But I still think it's a wonderful game and there's money to get. I'm doing my best to understand it can be a horrible grind, though.

On a side note, ironically my last job was in a callcenter and I actually kinda "liked" it (if you can call it that) and figured it to be a huge step up from the stuff I did before. So I guess there's a lot of jobs with the potential to make you so sick that poker becomes more and more attractive as an alternative.

Edit:

Thanks for the explanation, Ama, that clears up a lot. And relieves me a bit. But I guess I can see where you're coming from, if you lose a job you actually like and the refuge (if I may call it that) in poker turns out this way, I guess I'd be pissed of as well. That was just hard to see from my point of view without explanation since I'm a lazy bum and playing poker is actually by far the most productive thing I can think of at the moment. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]