View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: a question about public roads

[ QUOTE ]
It is the overwhelming democratic opinion amongst 'the people' (not the state/private power) that the forestry should not be destroyed and replaced by cinema's (I can prove this).

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are so many people that want forested areas why cant they purchase these areas under a free market. If there are so many people that are willing to pay it would be pretty easy for a private company to set up protected areas for people to roam about in.

[ QUOTE ]
It is the overwhelming undemocratic opinion of private power that the forestry should be destroyed and replaced by sources of income e.g. cinema's (this can be proved).

[/ QUOTE ]

And why are they setting it up to make income? Where is this income coming from? Consumers that have other desires then walking through forests. This may seem shocking but there are people that have no interest in walking through a forest. I could honestly care less if I ever see a forest again in my life.

Now how should we determine exactly how to provide for the competing desires of consumers who want forests and consumers who dont? The only scientific method of determining what people desire is the free market, where people actually have to put their money where their mouth is. And unlike democracy both parties can be provided for in exact relation to their actual needs and desires for forests.