View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Showboat 9/15 Donkament TR tl;dr w/cliff notes

[ QUOTE ]
WTF????

You have 1 mill of 4.something in play, and you do an even split????? Dude, congrats on the 10k, but my god you lost a ton of equity. You should have had at least double that if not more. Next time do a split based on chip equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that the deal was all that unfair because of the blind structure at the time of the deal. Sure, OP had about 25% of the chips in play. However, the average stack was probably around 500,000, and with blinds of 30k/60k + 10k, my guess is that most hands would have been all in or fold. It wouldn't take much of a beat to drop OP back to the middle of the pack or worse, and just one orbit of folding would diminish OP's stack by 16%, with a corresponding reduction in tournament equity. Finally, anyone at the final table would have needed to finish better than 3d place to make more money, and with such low Ms around the table, getting there could be a real crapshoot.

If there were one or two super-short stacks, it may have been advantageous to wait to see if they busted before cutting an even chop. But all in all, locking up a $10K payday seems like good work and good judgment.