View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Gods, Humans and Damned

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing low limits SNG ($6.5) on PS and using sharkscope to see who's playing with me at the table I've noted that there are basically three kind of players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I basical distinguish the fish into 2 seperate classes, but your seperation is useful even to higher levels.

[ QUOTE ]

Gods: on 3k SNG they have a steady performance and seems that variance doesn't matter on their game giving them a ROI of around 20% or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

At most any level (including to $100 Sng) they are, and if you want to know how to play SnGs just observe them. It's really useful.

[ QUOTE ]

Humans: usually on a less sample of games played (around 1k) they have hi and low and have a ROI around +/- 5%. Very few people left this range for the upper one, more let this for the latter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, solid SnG strategy (weak-tight early, later following more or less ICM or at least push aggressive near to the bubble but only call tight) will lead to it.

[ QUOTE ]

Damned: are basically playing without a plan hoping and usually are enjoying (but loosing) the game. They can let this stage only with the knowledge of the basics stuff and with enough disciple.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of them.
I guess, some of them are good cash game players, but in SnGs they are often too loose-aggressive against the wrong players.

[ QUOTE ]

Now, I'm not surprised to be in the second group because for long time I missed the basic of the game. But how is possible (at these limits) to play a variance free game?

[/ QUOTE ]

At no level, there is a variance free game. I currently coach a friend who is beating the low levels with a 30% ROI (and that's realistic at this level) and he had 35 and a 30 buyin downswing there.

[ QUOTE ]

Which are in you opinion the best skill to develop the own game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read, Observe, Work with all tools availabe, THINK.

[ QUOTE ]

2+2 = +EV --> this is for sure!!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not so sure (for SnGs if thinking about maximum +EV). But I like to play with 2p2er SnG players :-). That's for +EV, allthough not 2p2er SnG players are a bit more +EV.