View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Post College-getting a menial PT sales/retail job to meet people

[ QUOTE ]

For the record, there's no way in hell I wanted to work that job. My company handled the construction monitoring of this project and I got stuck on it after one of our employees got booted off the site for hitting on an operator.

[/ QUOTE ]

explains a lot. you don't want to be there and i'm sure they don't want you there. no way that would color your comments.

i have never heard of a labor union that has no schedules, no sick time or vacation time, and no hiring or firing. what union is this? is it a state contract? in what universe do people collect unemployment for an unfinished job that needs workers? i suspect you are misinformed about how this contract works.

on the off chance you're correct, what exactly do you expect a low-wage worker to do when an employer is dumb enough to contract with a union that has no rules and pays people not to work? people respond to incentives and the incentives are pretty clear here. especially if it's a state contract which probably has a ton of kickbacks involved and overpays for sub-par work.