View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Big 4 Sports All-Time Love-em/Hate-em Teams

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Nah...most people who don't like the leafs, just feel sorry for them - don't hate them...lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong.

i think leafs, avs or red wings all have a claim to this in hockey.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT... nobody hates the Habs, everyone hates the Leafs and Avs

[/ QUOTE ]

I think age has lots to do with this. In the late 60s and 70s the Canadiens dominated and were hated. The Flyers had a "hated" period too, but I really don't think anything on the hockey side can compare to the Yankees and the Cowboys.

However, it you want to go all the way back for the last 80 years or so, The Canadiens were at least as loved/hated as the Yankees. I don't think any team has more championships than the Yankees and/or the Canadiens.

Anyway, I don't see how the Toronto can fit in this category. They have not won a thing since 1967, which leaves them having absolutely having nothing in common with the Yankees, Cowboys or Lakers. Maybe it's just me, but unless you dominated at some point I don't see how too much hate could be built up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Don't the Leafs have the 2nd most Stanley Cups won all-time? So technically they did "dominate at some point."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes..you are correct the leafs were dominant in the 1940's and they did win a cup 41 year ago.

I lol at people who confuse hate with being mocked. The leafs are too pathetic to hate.

If you are a Red sox fan you hate the Yankees cause they owned you over the years. Giants, Skins, etc hate the Cowboys for the same reason. Lakers too.

Who have the leafs owned? Who could hate them for being losers?