View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: need ideas for gambling while at the baseball game

this is more fun with 4 or 5 people, but you can do it too.

bring a pen+paper/ do this before you leave.

set up a bunch of categories... here are the ones we use:

first single, first double, first home run, first rbi, first run, first strikeout, first walk, total runs by both teams, total hits by both teams, etc.

you get the idea. basically then you have a draft, and you fill in wherever you want first. so say i get first pick and wanted to take soriano for first home run, i do that. then you can take someone in any category you want, or choose a total. then keep going til all the boxes (categories) are filled up.

you set a dollar amount for each category... say you go $10 for each category... you win 7, he wins 3.. he owes you $40. this is obviously why its more fun with more guys, cause if you win a category, you get everyones money for that category.

there's also another game you can play where each of you put $1 in, so the pot is $2 to start. you each hold the money for a batter.. if he gets a hit, you keep the money. if he makes an out/walks/reaches on an error, you add $1 and pass it back to your buddy. whoever's holding the money when a hit happens, gets the money.

if you wanted to make this more exciting, you could make it the same way, except every out you add $1, if they reach base you don't do anything, just pass it back... and if they hit a home run, you keep the pot.

just a few ideas, obviously very different, but still fun. and both would be more fun with more guys, but this is all i've got for now.