Default Re: 400: What a Sweet Ending

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you post the results Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he was hoping everyone would be like, whoa you saved so much money cause he had AA, great read!!

But makes no bets on a money board, and has no clue where he stood in the hand. I wouldnt be suprised if villain had shown KJ or something less.

[/ QUOTE ]

coordi, your read of QTip's reasoning was off in many ways.

More importantly, your above comment is just screaming to me that you are thinking nothing more when analyzing this hand than "I have an overpair, so I should bet". Certainly you realize that poker is more complicated than that?

It is great practice to think about the alternatives when analyzing a hand.

For example:

"I tend to bet the flop with an overpair, but when shouldn't I?"

After reading all the valid points in this thread for checking the flop, you are being a bit insulting and, quite frankly, childish with your previous post.

It is important to not group-think as it is very easy to do in this atmosphere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was the first person to post I thought he played bad, hardly group thinking.

He shouldnt have posted results.

I think he played poorly, I'm sorry if there isnt more to the hand than I think you should bet the flop or raise the turn, because you could very likely be ahead here. Of course we don't know where we are at because we dont bet the flop or raise the turn. I can't rule any of villains range out of possability. So I guess in actuality, considering these factors, he played the hand to perfection. He lost/won the minimum in hand he was unsure of.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be missing something here but, I'm a bit confused at why we feel like we must "know where we're at" in every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I think the "bet to find out where you are at" is a bit overemphasized.