View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: The Money Quote....

[ QUOTE ]

Well ~20% of Americans were dumb enough to vote for John Kerry

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp
[ QUOTE ]
so this tells me that 49% are dumb democrats and 21% are dumb "moderates" and some dumb Repubs. 49% + 21% = 70%

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to assume this is a joke, based on the obvious fact that a Republican is going to be more likely to believe this (being that the Republicans are more likely to be pro-war against Iraq, and I believe I saw a digg article the other day that said that democrats are on average more intelligent then republicans anyway).
[ QUOTE ]
This assumes the poll was given properly which is a HUGE assumption. An improperly worded poll will skew the results dramatically.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems his number was off, however:
Hit and Myth: Poll Shows 1 in 3 Americans Still Believe Saddam Involved in 9/11
[ QUOTE ]
NEW YORK Six years after the 9/11 terror attacks on the U.S., it seems the media still have some educational work to do. A new CBS/New York Times poll reveals that even today, 1 in 3 Americans believe that "Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon."

This notion was thoroughly debunked by official sources, including those in the White House, years ago, but the myth endures. Polls have shown that belief in this untruth was a prime component in support for the attack on Iraq.

Four in 10 Republicans still hold this view, compared with 32% of Independents and 27% of Democrats.

The poll of 1,035 adults was taken Sept. 4 to 8.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hope you got a towel for all that egg on your face.