View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Making Lucid Posts is TOOOO Much Work.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Oh? The US State Department's decison to place Iraq on their list of nations that sponsor terror is not good enough for you?"

Well, they only had to put them on because Reagan took them OFF in 1983 to give them weapons. They could have just left them ON the whole time, and saved some paperwork... but then the USA couldn't sell Sadaam Hussein weapons of mass destruction.

You know the old joke :

Q : "How does the USA know IRAQ has weapons of mass destruction"

A : "They checked the receipts."

[/ QUOTE ]
do you have any facts to back this assertion, because once again, its not true

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean?

Chronology of the United States sordid involvement in the arming of Iraq can be summarized this way:
- The US used methods both legal and illegal to help build Saddam's army into the most powerful army in the Mideast outside of Israel.
- The US supplied chemical and biological agents and technology to Iraq when it knew Iraq was using chemical weapons against the Iranians.
- The US supplied the materials and technology for these weapons of mass destruction to Iraq at a time when it was known that Saddam is using this technology to kill his Kurdish citizens.
- The US supplied intelligence and battle planning information to Iraq when those battle plans included the use of cyanide, mustard gas and nerve agents.
- The US blocked UN censure of Iraq's use of chemical weapons.

Chronology of US involvement

so, what is not true here?

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of the article doesn't say anything about the US giving Iraq chemical weapons. Most of it says that it gave metal or other things to build chemical weapons. I'm afraid I'm not buying that assertion from the Iran Chamber. The only reference for actual chemical material was the "precursors of mustard gas." Do you know what the precursors for mustard gas are? I could make mustard gas in my lab easily. The materials used to make mustard gas have tons of other uses in industry also.

So did the US give Saddam WMD? You have produced nothing that says so, you've given evidence of the US helping a coldwar ally from a shady source