Thread: Pocket pair 99
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Pocket pair 99

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you limp pf then check the flop, someone close to your left will almost certainly bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who exactly? How do you know they will "almost certainly bet"?

.....erm, top pair, middle pair, a flush draw, anyone making a stab for the pot having seen noone so far show any strength. I think it's far more likely that someone has a sniff and will bet than not. Don't you think there is any merrit or even possibility of a check/ raise?

[ QUOTE ]
If everyone limps/ folds I think you face draws and can then raise accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't limp on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If someone bets and someone calls you can't say you are just facing draws.

Excuse my terminology. I think a made hand above 99 would raise a flop bet. I'd say anyone calling a bet is probably on a draw to beat 99.

I don't understand, what are you trying to accomplish with flop check-raise? How often are you going to be check-raising a pair of Jacks with the worst hand?

I'm trying to work out if I'm good, and if so charge more for draws. I think sometimes I will incorrectly check raise a pair of jacks, but not often.

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming a safe turn (and I think this is a safe turn), main threat is the pf bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

What preflop bettor? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I think you said you want to complete preflop, so there is no raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies, I meant flop bettor.