View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 PM

Default Re: $.05/$.10, 6-max: How do I play this flop?

[ QUOTE ]
Either works and gives you the ability to make a good decision on the turn.

if we didn't see the action after you then its interesting to see what we would say regarding the check or the bet on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be betting this flop 100% of the time and hoping to get raised so I can 3-bet.

[ QUOTE ]
Being oop with a good hand like this but having a lot of cards to come that can hurt you a value bet is not as effective on the flop as it could be.

[/ QUOTE ]

A value bet is just as effective, it's just that the later streets become more difficult. I'd rather get the easy bets into the pot now so that the pot has padding for when the turn/river cards make life hard.

[ QUOTE ]
Missing the small bet opportunity on the flop if it gets checked around is a mistake, but considering the check/raise value on this hand I think its worth the risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Missing value with two pair when players are willing to pay to draw and might even raise their draws is actually significant in a 6-handed flop.

[ QUOTE ]
I always try and think of the lines that I can play oop on the later streets that are going to protect my hand and give me the most value, by leading out here I am not sure I have a good line if a diamond comes and I have 3 callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that you're going to forgo a clear profit 80% of the time for the 20% of the time you don't like the turn card? Are you really losing 4 times as much money on the bad turn cards as you win on the good ones?