Thread: Pocket pair 99
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Pocket pair 99

[ QUOTE ]
I raised here because I thought I can win with this often enough that it was a value raise. Anybody think I should just complete here?[/quote

Bona ... you may infact have preflop value in raising but this value is offset by being OOP ... a good rule of thumb from Dave Fromm: play pots smaller OOP, and big when in position

[ QUOTE ]
Well we didn't hit the flop but only one OC and I expect fewer people would be playing J or T than they would an A or K if they are playing OC's...

[/ QUOTE ]

are you kidding ... the Jack is like the most playable card in a limpers profile

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway I raised preflop and am going to call if bet to so I lead. OK???

[/ QUOTE ]

don't ever think that you need to bet the flop after raising pre flop ... I doubt I would bet this flop (if I had the 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] i might change my mind) - and calling a raise is terrible IMO (why are you thinking of calling one)

[ QUOTE ]
Turn
Well didn't run into any static on the flop and the turn card hasn't weakened my hand much. I'll fire again. I'll likely fold to a raise now.

[/ QUOTE ]
nothing wrong here IMO

[ QUOTE ]
Well theriver isn't great and does complete some straight draws, also a lot of players like to save their big hands and raise the river. So I think I'll check and call one but not 2. OK or should I fire the third barrel? Or something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

well - now your here ... personally I have no idea - i hate donkeys at the river
I don't like the prospects of betting into two player after this hand.

i think taking a check and see line isn't bad:
calling if the retard on the end bets, and folding if the retard in the middle bets
but still not sure on that, so
"when in doubt - bet out! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]"