View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Robert Jordan died.

[ QUOTE ]

If, as an author, you start resurrecting bad guys to keep obstacles in the way of your epic character, you have probably sacrificed your vision for greed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yep. That pissed me off quite a bit. Also, if he can resurrect whoever he feels like, couldn't he have had a slightly larger army than just those 13?

[ QUOTE ]

For anyone who has not read Jordan please just pretend it is a trilogy and read 1-3.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually thought 4 was quite solid - though I hadn't read Dune yet, and in retrospect the Aiel seem like such a total ripoff of the Fremen, the Rhuidean stuff was still pretty cool - and I don't remember disliking 5. 6 was where I thought it really started to go off the rails, and then 7 and 8 were worthless and completely unmemorable. Doesn't one of them end with an aside about Egwene's camp going to clear out the White Tower, and then several books later it's clear that that never actually happened? What the hell? (EDIT: I did eventually read book 9, and had the thought "Wow, he made something significant happen for the first time in 2000 pages! Sweet!" but it was not enough for me to have any interest in continuing from there.)