View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 04:55 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.
Default Re: General Music Discussion Thread (a.k.a. indie lovefest)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just noticed that Champaign-Urbana space rockers Hum have had their 1996 single 'Stars' picked up for a Cadillac commercial. pretty funny and i am happy for these guys because they were a good band and never really made any money. their lead singer went back to being a substitute schoolteacher after their last album in 1998, so good for them.

Hum - Stars

[/ QUOTE ]

OHHHHHH WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

ok, I have been trying to find out what song this was for about 6 years

All I ever had to go on was "it was from 1995ish, it had very light and very heavy parts to the song, the title or the band or song had something to do with space, and I vageuly remembered an explicit lyrics warnign on the CD cover"

I asked a ton of people, and could never get the song. I was going to post it in OOT, but didnt feel it was worthy of a thread. (the irony is not lost)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little hurt you never asked me. Hum's been one of my all time favorite bands. In 2003, half the band reformed a band called Centaur. Pretty good album, but they stopped. The lead singer produced some local hardcore acts, and influenced Hopesfall to become more like space rockers.