View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 03:24 PM

Default Re: 400: What a Sweet Ending

QTip, I don't think you played this hand optimally. Your flop like is OK as a variation on your usual play--not something you should be doing very often, though, obviously. Maybe 10-20% of the time? Your objective for this hand should be to get as much money into the pot as possible. A 15/12 guy is going to have a pocket pair here sooo often; you are very rarely behind.

Turn is meh. I guess it depends somewhat on your image--I usually have an aggro enough image that I can raise the turn for value and villain may still convince himself to call with a medium PP. If you think villain is going to fold to your raise most of the time, I guess flatting the turn is fine.

River should be a bet for value. Villain isn't going to call an ace there too often, but he sometimes talks himself into a hero call. It also balances the times when you need to bluff an ace coming. And, with the way this hand played out, if you get checkraised here, it should be a pretty easy fold. Even if your opponent isn't calling all that often on the river, you are missing value by checking behind.