View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Some comments about the WCOOP structures

do NOT make the levels shorter 30 mins is great for an online tournament where the dealing etc is obviously much faster than it would be in a live scenario.

the talk should not be about players who have commitments the next day. this is their fault. they surely know it could go on for 15 hours+ and should plan accordingly depending on their progress.

if i have to go to work or dinner in an hour..... but want to play a bit of poker i do not register for an MTT. i'll play a turbo sng or a bit of cash game poker.

my idea is post the time at which the tournament will end on day 1.

e.g starts at 8pm GMT and will run for 12 hours. it will stop at 8am GMT and resume at 8pm GMT. 12 hours for everyone involved to sleep etc.

if people can't commit then they do not register. simple.

i must also say that you should be proud that this is even an issue. on most of the smaller european sites i play on the MTTs have about 300 players and last up to 6 hours. it is a great achievement that you manage to get 6000 players in the same tournament. obv the greater the number of players will lengthen the total time needed to complete it and the schedule should reflect this.