View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: 400: What a Sweet Ending

Interesting thread. I am coming into this one a little late .

I really agree with QTip here though. I don't mind this flop check one bit. Against tight-aggressive players on paired boards you have to be a bit cautious with your c-bets. Since their range is heavily weighted towards PP's you tend to not get as many folds on these types of flops.

I think it is important to consider the type of mistakes that you and him will make in this hand.

His mistake would be making some incorrect calls.

Your mistake would be folding the best hand or getting AI with a worse one. Of course, this is always a big mistake but in situations like this it is what the hand boils down to.

You want to encourage him to make big mistakes while at the same time avoiding making big one yourself. I think a flop check best achieves that goal.

If you have a read that he will get AI with hands like QQ-TT(which probably would have 3-bet preflop) then it is fine to go ahead and plan on getting it AI. However, I think this would be the exception to the rule. The same thing goes if you think he will c/r the flop and bet the turn with a worse PP but in that case I think pushing is bad because he will likely keep betting worse hands on the river where he may not call a push. He likely only has 2 outs in that case so you aren't worried about the free card anyways.

In summary, I would bet this flop if I think this guy will take a c/r-bet-bet line and I will see a worse PP. Otherwise, I don't see a good reason to bet the flop against a player with this description.