View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Win rates / # of tables

[ QUOTE ]
Part 1
What is a realistic win rate per level (10NL – 200NL) expressed in big blinds per 100? I have heard 6PTBB/100 is a good benchmark for a winning player (12 big blinds / 100?) I am wondering if this is accurate and how it might need to be adjusted by limit.

Part 2
Is it possible to play good poker on more than 4 tables over a large sample. I am wondering what most of the posters play in terms of number of tables (by limit). I am assuming it is easier to play 8 tables at 10NL than 4 tables at 200NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are somethingHighOctane on stars stop being a nit should help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] A good winrate to me is anything over five. Keep in mind some people do much better at NL10-NL50 then say NL100+ while others don't do well at NL10-NL50 an do better at NL100+. I quit worrying about winrates, pokerevgraphs etc this month and I am concentrating on making the most out of every situation I am confronted with and so far it has been a great way to approach playing. Tilt has been reduced greatly.

I personally think over four and you stop learning and get robotic. If you read some BBV stats of some huge winners their MT ratio is never that high. Ikestoys for example is 2.92. He plays 2-4 tables tops. Sbrugby mentioned in an interview linked in NVG that his threshold is 4. Key to playing lots of tables is being able to pay attention to hands you are not in that get to showdown while keeping up with the action in the hands you are in. Hands that go to showdown tell alot about the players and this information is gold.