View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: 2+2 wine dinner we had awhile ago, i want to do another one

[ QUOTE ]
i have a small uninteresting collection of cheap wines. im a wine noob basically. i do put my tasting notes on cellartracker. same username as here.

where are you located?

[/ QUOTE ]

I also use the same name as here. I have a decent collection. If you look at my bottles, pretty much anything that is more then 1 is my long term stuff

I live in chicago right now

[ QUOTE ]
When are you going to own up to the fact (in public on the forum; if I missed this my apologizes in advance) that mid level boxed wine and two buck chuck faired well in blind tasting at parties that weren't quite so expensive and the cooking/food was just as good?

~ Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

only the two buck chuck chard has done decent, and I have yet to read anything of boxed franzia doing well in a double blind tasting. I've had all of the two buck chuck products at one point or another, and they are awful. They don't compare to some of the great values that you are getting from spain or NZ. With two buck chuck, you get what you pay for, but if you are willing to spend ~$20, you can find a ton of good stuff between the 10 and 20 range