View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: How should a society deal with drugs?

[ QUOTE ]
ACists: Do you think selling drugs to children should be legal?

Would it be the parents' responsibility to keep the children off drugs? Children often don't listen to their parents, esepcially if they have seen the latest cocaine commercial on TV and it looked really cool + they know the older kids have tried it and they say it's awesome. Suddenly it's irresponsible parenting to ever let your kid outside the house with money in his pocket. Maybe ACland wouldn't be so free for the poor kids.

The best case scenario in ACland seems to be that lynch mobs are formed to deal with people/organizations who sell drugs to children. If that is the best case scenario, just keeping it illegal and having these "lynch mobs" organized in the form of laws, police and courts seems like the better option to me.

edit: meh. I guess you think the market will work it out in some way. Like people will donate a lot to an organization who aims to stop drug dealing to children.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you shop somewhere that served people who dealt drugs to kids? Would you apply to an insurance company that insured them? Would you deal with a defence or security firm who offered defence to these people? I wouldn't.