View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 04:34 AM

Default 25/50 Live Flopped Flush

Everyone but UTG+1 in this hand has 15k, only he matters though. He has 8100 to start the hand or so. He limps. In 2 hours I've only seen him get to showdown once and it was when he check/called 89x, then check/raised a 7 turn and got it in with TJ. Seems very straightforward old guy who's kind of tired at 2 a.m. and not at all a tough player. Keep in mind though that I've been playing 2 hours so my sample size is about 40 hands.

I've been playing tight by my standards but the table probably thinks I'm crazy because they're all a bunch of old nits who have seen me bluff once and think I'm a lunatic now because nobody at 25/50 would ever bet 3k on the turn without a monster but apparently I did once. I have played basically no big pots.

Anyway, onto the hand. Fish makes it 300 in, two callers, I call from SB w/3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], UTG+1 limps.
Flop (1500) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, UTG+1 checks, preflop raiser bets $300, button calls. I check raise to $2300.
UTG+1 goes "how much is it?" Dealer tells him and about 3-5 seconds later he pushes all in for 5800 more.
Preflop raiser says something like "Young grasshopper (that's what he calls me because he's an annoying old guy) I was going to do that if he didn't. Whoo-eey. Sorry fellas, I got to think here. He stands up, grabs his crotch,and contemplates the situation staring at me and folds. Button thinks for a sec, shakes his head, and folds also.

So there's $12,500 in the pot and it's 5800 to me.

Call or fold?