View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: nl200 fropped a frush vs. unknown

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't particularly like the turn bet here. The guy check/flat-calls a 3-bet on the flop, really bizarre/strong, then checks again after the board pairs. I guess you want to charge the naked A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but it's a bizarre line for him to take with that holding and I think you are crushed here way too often. So let him draw if he's drawing then make a crying call on the river I guess on a blank, or just show it down.

As played, sigh and fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the turn bet is fine. There's still lots of value to be had from KxQc type hands that make up a lot of his range and that unknowns will call multiple barrels with. It sucks hero got minraised but I still think a bet is necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon now. KxQc? That's a reach, and there are 3 of those hands, vs. how many higher flushes and sets?

[/ QUOTE ]

How else would an unknown play that type of hand on the flop? Note I'm not saying it's a big part of his range following his turn minraise, but when it's hero's first action on the turn I think one-pair+FDs or even just FDs is just as big of a part of his range as sets and higher flushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I disagree, so I guess there's not much more to be said.