View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 11:13 PM

Default Re: I got a Pair and Flush draw a pair and a flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like raising big unsuited cards out the the blinds pf when there are a few limpers and I usually only raise AK or AQ. If I hit the flop, it will likley be a 1 pair hand which is not a monster multiway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think like you did. I used to limp in, but now I like raising for value. Of course this depends on the calibre of opposition already in.

In addition to it at least being a little EV+, it will prevent opposition from pinning down your hand to AK, which is most likely to be the case from what I'm reading.

[ QUOTE ]
Eliminating BB is nice but I don't know how often I do that. He's getting 6:1 to call and w/the unlikley LRR, he's almost certainly going to call w/most of his decent hands

[/ QUOTE ]

At the time you first see AJo, he's highly likely to have junk, so make him pay to stay. Don't let a random hand in. If he calls, at least he's defining his hand somewhat.

[ QUOTE ]
On top of that I'm going to tie people to the pot and allow them to correctly draw to their 5 outters and gutshots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play poker. Don't pay off if someone hits. Be ready to check-fold if you don't hit the flop. Make someone pay that additional one small bet just for the right to see a gutshot draw or 5 outer. I think this is easy value if you can play it correctly. If you feel the need to try to bully around unimproved after raising pre-flop like many players, then yes, I endorse just limping in.

Garland