View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 08:51 PM

Default Re: I got a Pair and Flush draw a pair and a flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
Raise pre-flop. You have the best hand pre-flop or at least two overs to any pair out there. Eliminate BB. Easy pre-flop move as long as you don't feel obliged to fire 3 blindless shells after an unfavorable flop. As played or if raised pre-flop bet flop. Call flop raise. Check call turn. Check-raise river.

Garland

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like raising big unsuited cards out the the blinds pf when there are a few limpers and I usually only raise AK or AQ. If I hit the flop, it will likley be a 1 pair hand which is not a monster multiway. On top of that I'm going to tie people to the pot and allow them to correctly draw to their 5 outters and gutshots. By keeping the pot small I can force my opponents into incorrect calls and raises. I also get the chance to bet/3bet the flop when I hit an ace or jack and check fold when I miss. Eliminating BB is nice but I don't know how often I do that. He's getting 6:1 to call and w/the unlikley LRR, he's almost certainly going to call w/most of his decent hands so the only ones I'm eliminating are the bottom end of his range which I'm not too concerned about. Change the line to 1 limper and its an easy raise, 2 limpers I prolly do it but I have to think about it, more than that and I don't like a raise.