View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 08:15 PM

Default A Problem I\'ve Discovered with Lethal Weapon...

First, let me say that I think Lethal Weapon is a fine action movie with two very interesting stars. It has a nice flow to it, and good character actors as the bad guys. But, something occurred to me the last time I watched it that has soured my feelings for it a bit.

Does it not seem like the enemies of Murtaugh and Riggs were completely idiotic?

I mean...these guys are supposed to be super-trained ex-military guys who did black ops in the jungles of Vietnam, yet let us review their MO:

1)Kill daughter of their banker in a way that leaves no uncertainty that she was murdered.
2)Kill hooker hired to murder daughter using a type of explosive that is sophisticated to the level that only special forces would know how to make it, AND use a large, white man with a unique tattoo in a minority neighborhood in broad daylight to connect it.
3)Kill banker using a helicopter and a sniper rifle in view of two men they KNOW are police officers and an entire funeral service during the daylight.
4)Attempt to kill police officer using a shotgun at a distance that lessens the accuracy of the gun, and without shooting at the officer's head, which would assure death.

Everything else is pretty standard, but really...does this seem like the work of trained professionals, or guys who have never done this before?