View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 06:05 AM

Default 400NLCASH a villain makes a lot of small bets - love him or hate him?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($214.60)
Hero ($532.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $20</font>, Hero calls $8.

Flop: ($40) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $28</font>, Hero calls $28.

Turn: ($96) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $40</font>, Hero calls $40.

River: ($176) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20.

Final Pot: $216

Preflop raise is questionable. This hand happened a while ago, but I think he was tight so I decided to raise this hand. The problem with this hand are villain's small bets.

I know I am beat but I just have to pay off. He was also bluffing previously with AQ unimproved OOP the same way as he played this hand with these small bets. Odds that I am getting are just too big to fold. Somehow I love villains who do these small bets because I often catch them bluffing when I can't fold bottom pair because I am getting 8 to 1 and somehow I hate them because I have to pay them off when they do have a hand. I probably more love them than hate them.

What do you think about that hand? Also, do you love or hate those guys?